Autumn 2017 Family Concert » Rehearsals
Sunday 15 October 2017 at 3:45 pm
St. Edburg's Church, Bicester
Mancini: The Pink Panther
Poulenc: Babar the Elephant (narrator Lynn Farleigh)
Vaughan Williams: The Wasps Overture
Haydn: Symphony No. 83 "La Poule" - first movement
Saints-Saens: Carnival of the Animals (selection)
Poulenc orch. Françaix (Babar): 2222 2211 T perc hp narrator 22'
Mancini: 222+alto sax1 2331 T perc 4'
Vaughan Williams: 2222 2200 hp T perc 10'
Haydn: 1202 2000 7'
Saint-Saens as follows:
- Elephant: Double Bass(es), 2 Bb Clts, Strings
- Characters with long ears: 2 solo violins
- Swan: ‘cello and harp
- Fossils: Xylophone, 2 Bb Clts, Strings
- Thursday 14 September 7:45-10:00pm: complete run through
- Thursday 21 September 7:45-10:00pm: strings only
- Thursday 5 October 7:45-9:00pm: Poulenc with narrator; followed by Nellie, then Vaughan Williams
- Thursday 12 October 7:45-8:45pm: Poulenc; 8:45-9:00: Saint-Saens Swan (Personnages); 9-9:15: Mancini; 9:15-9:45: Haydn; 9:45-10pm: Saint-Saens Elephant/Fossils
- Sunday 15 October 1pm-3pm: rehearsal, then concert at 3:45pm; finished by 6pm